When you apply for finance from a Finance Company you must provide us with certain personal information which will be shared with the Finance Company, Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies as this is necessary to help us decide whether to offer you finance. If you do not provide this information the Finance Company may not be able to offer you finance. Your information will be used by the Finance Company and these agencies as follows:
- The Finance Company will check records about you and others held by them and by Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies, for e.g. to assess your application for finance and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. The Credit Reference Agencies will use your personal information to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity.
- If you advise the Finance Company of a director, a spouse or a financial associate, we will link your records together. You must ensure that you have their agreement to disclose their information. Credit Reference Agencies also link your records together. The links will remain on your and their files until such a time as you or they successfully file for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies to break the link.
- If you give the Finance Company false or inaccurate information or they suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass on the information to fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
- The Finance Company and other organisation may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies, which may be publicly avilable sources.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or, in limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted by relevant data protection and privacy law.
Our lawful grounds for using your information
How to find out more
This is a summary of how your data will be used. If you would like full details about how your information will be used by us, Finance Companies, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, inducing details of your rights in relation to your information, or contact details of the Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies please: