Your right to complain
Every year Bluepoppy help many people. However, every so often someone comes away feeling unhappy. Perhaps you had to wait for ages, only to find out that there is very little we can do for you. Perhaps you felt that you were not treated with respect or courtesy. Perhaps our advice didn’t help or was wrong.
Unfortunately, these things happen. We know we are not perfect. But we aim to be. That is why we have a complaints procedure. Sometimes we can put things right; sometimes we can only explain ourselves and apologise. But we do want to learn from our mistakes. What you tell us helps to improve our service to you.
We will treat your complaint confidentially, seriously and quickly.
What can I do?
It is important to let us know that you are unhappy and to give us the chance to put things right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the manager – he or she might be able to sort out the problem straight away. Otherwise, move to the more formal process.
Making a formal complaint
There are several ways to make a complaint. You can put the information in a letter and send it to us, by email, verbally over the phone by calling into the office. Complaints can be addressed to the Office Manager as listed below.
What You will need to provide
To assist Bluepoppy in investigating and resolving your complaint efficiently, please provide us with the following information:
- Your full name, address and contact details
- Your vehicle registration number
- A clear description of your complaint
- Copies of any relevant supporting documentation
- Photographic evidence of any complaint relating to vehicle damage/defects where applicable
- Details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation
- Any other information you think may be relevant
If you wish to appoint a third party to act on your behalf we must receive your permission in writing or by email from your personal address before we discuss any aspect of your complaint with that third party.
It is our policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined to have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to. Eligible complainants are the customers of FCA authorised firms, such as ourselves, who are entitled to refer unresolved complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
The FCA has classified an Eligible Complainant as:
- A Private Individual
- A business which has an annual turnover of less than £1 million (some restrictions may apply)
- A charity which has an annual turnover of less than £1 million
- A trust which has a net asset value of less than £1 million
- Who is or has been a customer of the firm
- The complaint arises out of matters relevant to being or having been a customer
- The complainant arises out of our actions or failure to act where the complainant is a potential customer of the firm
- Involves an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience
What we will do:
We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly and where possible within three working days of Bluepoppy receiving your complaint. Where we are able to achieve this timescale we will confirm the resolution to you in writing by way of a Final Response which :
- Refers to the fact you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction
- We will tell you that if you subsequently decide you are not happy with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service, depending on the type of complaint
- Provide the relevant addresses of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service
However, in the event your complaint is more complex and we are unable to resolve it within this time we will let you have our final response as soon as possible but no later than 8 weeks from the date of your initial contact with us as is our regulatory requirement. We will:
- Provide written acknowledgement of your complaint, setting out our understanding of your complaint within three working days
- Provide you with a reference number allocated to your complaint
- Advise the name and contact details of the person investigating your complaint
- Fully investigate your complaint by taking steps which may include the following:
- Review of the facts
- Retrieval of relevant documentation and correspondence
- Speaking to relevant individuals
- Listening to relevant phone recordings
- Keep you fully informed and updated regarding any progress of our investigation
- Discuss our findings with you and our proposed response
- In the unlikely event the resolution to your complaint remains outstanding after four weeks we will write to you to explain the reasons for the delay and when we expect to provide you with a full and final response. During this period:
- We will continue to keep you informed of the progress of our investigation until your complaint is resolved
- Issue you with a final response to your complaint giving details of our conclusion and resolution no later than eight weeks from the date of your complaint. If, by this time, we are unable to provide a final response or you are unhappy with our final response, you may have the right to escalate your complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service.
Closing a Complaint
Once we have made our final response we will consider the matter closed. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter further.
What to do if You are not satisfied with our decision
If you are not satisfied with our final response or 8 weeks have passed and you have an agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once we have had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.
The Financial Ombudsman Service was set up by law to give most consumers a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms.
You have a period of 6 months to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The 6 month period starts from the date of the final response letter from Bluepoppy or 8 weeks after we received your complaint.
- 0800 023 4567 – free for most people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (e.g. a landline at home)
- 0300 123 9123 – less expensive for those using a mobile
- By email: email@example.com
- Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
In the event you are not eligible for your complaint to be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you can contact the trade body, British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who we are members of, and request that your complaint is considered under their conciliation scheme.
BVRLA Conciliation Service
This service is free of charge and will look at all aspects of your complaint. The link below will give details of how to utilise this service:
The BVRLA Conciliation Service will investigate potential breaches of the BVRLA Code of Conduct and will aim to resolve the matter using information presented by both parties to the dispute. We will send any information requested to the BVRLA within five working days. The BVRLA will provide both parties with its findings and recommendations based on the information available.
The BVRLA aim to resolve any complaints through the Conciliation Service within 30 days and members must comply with the Conciliation Service's findings.
Details should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to email, details can be sent to:
Telephone: 01494 434747
If you have any questions relating to Bluepoppy Vehicle Solutions' complaint handling process please contact the Office Manager on 01275 400275 or email email@example.com.
For Your Information
Bluepoppy Vehicle Solutions Ltd are required by the FCA to report annually on the number and types of complaints that we have received and when these complaints have been closed.
We will examine and evaluate our complaints procedure on an annual basis, or sooner as required, to check how we can improve our service to our customers.
Next review date: November 2019
Keep Me Informed
Popular Cars This Week
JAGUAR E-Pace 2.0d I4 150ps FwdMonthly Rental ex VATFrom £234.21Initial Rental ex VAT£1,405.26Processing Fee ex VAT£150.0052.30 MPGDiesel143 g/kmMANUAL
Metallic PaintMERCEDES GLE 350d Estate 3.0 Amg Ngt Edition Premium Plus Auto 4maticMonthly Rental ex VATFrom £492.17Initial Rental ex VAT£2,953.02Processing Fee ex VAT£150.0036.70 MPGDiesel204 g/kmAUTOMATIC
VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 1.4 Tsi 125 6speed Se Nav Bmt 2wdMonthly Rental ex VATFrom £222.53Initial Rental ex VAT£1,335.18Processing Fee ex VAT£150.0046.30 MPGPetrol137 g/kmMANUAL
VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2.0 Tdi Scr 115ps 6speed S Bmt 2wdMonthly Rental ex VATFrom £222.96Initial Rental ex VAT£1,337.76Processing Fee ex VAT£150.0060.10 MPGDiesel123 g/kmMANUAL